ISO 9001 is a globally recognized standard which outlines the requirements needed to implement a Quality Management System (QMS) in any given organization. The QMS is a set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution of production, development, and service within the core business area of an organization (i.e., areas that can impact the organization's ability to meet customer requirements.)
The Wiley X, Inc. and Wiley X EMEA QMS integrates the various internal processes within the organization and provides a process approach for project execution. The Wiley X, Inc. QMS enables us to identify, measure, control, and improve the various core business processes that will ultimately lead to improved business performance and customer satisfaction.
THE CONCEPT OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Our Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple. It seeks to: Recognize the external quality related requirements specified in Licenses to Trade, guidelines, specified customer requirements, and the chosen management system standard(s)
- Ensure that all requirements have been documented within the management system in the appropriate location in terms of defined specific system requirements
- Confirm that employees receive applicable training in the quality system requirements
- Outline performance processes, where applicable, to the quality system requirements
- Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met
- Measure, monitor and report the extent of compliance with these performance procedures
- Continually monitor and analyze changes to the requirements and confirm that all changes are reflected in changes to the specific requirements when necessary
- Execute the audit and analyze the system processes and correct them when necessary
- Include processes that will help continually improve the quality system.